Five Steps to SNAP Access

Step 1: Get an application online here or in person at any of the following Colorado Department of Human Services Offices (Monday – Friday, 8:00a.m. – 4:00p.m):

  • Montrose: 1845 S Townsend Ave

    (970) 252-5000

  • Gunnison: 220 N Spruce St

    (970) 641-3244

  • Delta: 560 Dodge Street

    (970) 874-2030

  • Ouray: 302 2nd St

    (970) 325-4670

  • San Miguel: 1333 W. Colorado Avenue, Telluride

    (970) 728-4411

Step 2: Complete the application. Please fill out as much of the application as you can. At a minimum you will need to have your name, home street address and signature on the application to begin the process. The application can be used just for requesting Food Assistance or for requesting other types of benefits.

Step 3: Return the application. You can return the application to any of the offices listed above. As long as you provide your name, home street address and a signature, you can turn in the form to begin the process, but providing as much information as possible could help complete the process faster.

Step 4: Make an appointment for an interview. Your appointment may be conducted in person or over the telephone. To save time & to help the process go faster, please bring all the necessary paperwork with you.

Step 5: If you have an interview scheduled at the office, bring your verification documents with you to the interview. If you have a telephone interview, the worker will explain how to submit your documents and will let you know if any additional information is needed. After your interview, you will receive a notice in the mail explaining your eligibility.

Step 6: If you are eligible, you will get a notice that will explain how many months you can get food assistance benefits and the amount of food assistance you are eligible for. Every month you are eligible, your food assistance benefits will be deposited into an account. You will be given a Colorado Quest debit card; information about using this card will be included with the notice that you are eligible.

If you need help, a staff member at one of the Colorado Department of Human Services offices can help you or you can call them at 720-944-3666. You can also visit their website here.



Did you know that you can get free fruits and veggies with your EBT card? Double Up Food Bucks will match every $1 you spend on Colorado-grown fruits and veggies with another $1. Find out how here: